Cancer Treatments & Surgery in Jaipur
- Surgery is commonly used for cancer as a treatment and to diagnose or learn more about the cancer.
- Different types of surgery are used depending on the type of cancer, where it is located, and the goals of surgery. Some types are also less invasive and have a shorter recovery time.
- Where you have surgery and if or how long you need to stay in the hospital afterwards depends on the type of surgery you will have and how much time it will take to recover.
Surgery is the removal of the tumor and surrounding tissue during an operation.
A doctor who specializes in treating cancer using surgery is called a surgical oncologist.
Robotic surgery or robot-assisted surgery: Robotic surgery with the da Vinci Surgical System was approved by the Food
and Drug Administration in 2000. It allows doctors to perform many types of complex procedures with more precision, flexibility and
control than is possible with conventional techniques. Robotic surgery is usually associated with minimally invasive surgery procedures
performed through tiny incisions. It is also sometimes used in certain traditional open surgical procedures.
The most widely used clinical robotic surgical system includes a camera arm and mechanical arms with surgical instruments attached to them. The surgeon controls the arms while seated at a computer console near the operating table. The console gives the surgeon a high-definition, magnified, 3-D view of the surgical site. The surgeon leads other team members who assist during the operation. Using robotic surgery, surgeons can perform delicate and complex procedures that may have been difficult or impossible with other methods.
The benefits of minimally invasive surgery include:
- Fewer complications, such as surgical site infection
- Less pain and blood loss
- Quicker recovery
- Smaller, less noticeable scars